How do I create a new email activity to broadcast?
To create and broadcast a new email activity, these are the general steps you take. This is intended as a quick-start overview. Please see the relevant support categories for more information.
Ensure you have logged in to Taguchi, if you do not know how to do this, pplease see the section 'How to Log In' in the v4 User Guide before attempting further steps.
If you have already created a campaign, skip to Step 3.
Navigate to your Campaigns tab and click the
+ button in the top right corner of the campaigns table. This will display a popup where you can enter in the campaign details:
- Name: Create a unique and useful campaign name (We recommend using a logical description, as well as any marketing reference codes, job number codes that will help identify the campaign in future e.g. J1257 Launch Campaign.)
- External ID: This is an optional field where you can add your own unique identifier for the campaign.
- Date: This is an optional field where you can change the date/time of the campaign.
- Based on: This is an optional field where you can base this new campaign off an existing campaign.
After you have entered the campaign details, click the Create button, you will be redirected to the newly created campaign folder.
Once in your campaign folder, click the
+ button in the top right corner of the activities table. This will display a popup where you can enter your activity details:
- Name: Create a unique and useful activity name (We recommend using a logical description, as well as any marketing reference codes, job number codes that will help identify the activity in future e.g. REF-0981 Sale Activity.)
- External ID: This is an optional field where you can add your own unique identifier for the activity.
- Date: The date selector can be used to schedule the broadcast for a future date/time. Leave the date as-is to send the activity immediately upon deploy.
- Repeat: You can choose to repeat the activity trigger every hour, day or week (we won't use this as we are broadcasting the activity rather than triggering it).
- Type: The following types are: Email, Web Page and SMS. Select Email.
- Cluster Keyword: You can easily assign a cluster keyword to this activity using the dropdown. Cluster keywords are used to build a profile of an email recipient’s interests over time.
After you have entered the activity details, click the Create button, you will be redirected to the newly created blank activity.
Click the green Select Template... button in the top right of the activity edit window and select a suitable template you wish to use for the activity. Once the template has loaded, you may begin populating the activity content.
See the v4 User Guide on how to edit the subject lines, activity content and more.
To preview the activity in your email client, you can send yourself a proof sample to your inbox. Simply click the Send Proof button at the top of the activity log section, select your user account in the popup modal, and click the Send Proof button. In a few minutes, you will receive a proof email in your inbox.
Next, you will need to define some subscribers you wish to send the email to. Click the green Select Recipients... button in the Distribution Settings window. In the popup, select one or more subscriber lists you wish to send the email to. If you wish to refine further, you may do so by clicking the Refine button in the lower right corner. You may also add a target expression under the Advanced tab at the top.
When you are ready to broadcast your activity, simply click the green Approve button at the top of the activity log section. Click the three checkboxes confirming the manual broadcast, that the activity revision is correct and that the distribution settings are correct. After that, simply click Approve. Once your activity is approved, you will need to deploy it. Click the Broadcast/Deploy button at the top of the screen and confirm the desired send rate.
Once your activity is deployed, you can see the activity send in real time. Results can be viewed under the Results tab within the activity.